How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118147
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wife and I are in a contested divorce for her adultery after

This answer was rated:

Wife and I are in a contested divorce for her adultery after a 2.5 year marriage. I am unemployed. We are in discovery process. We bought a house and she lives in the main house, I live in basement. Wife has not deposited full direct deposit for last two salaries. She is withholding the money to make payments on her new dept and expenses while not allowing me to make payments on old marital debt under my name only. I know this is a violation of the divorce statutary injuction.
Is this a grave violation?
I am about to move out because the house is due to sale this month.
Wife lawyer has offered to distribute some of the equity of the home sale in advance before judgement or agreement. But should I ask for Emergency Alimony instead to set a precedent given that She is making good money, she has admitted adultery, I am unemployed and it's a 2.5 yr. marriage?
We live in TN, no kids, own house and debt together.
This is not a grave violation, it is something that happens all of the time. It is a violation for which the court will adjust the equitable distribution for and take it into account. As far as alimony, because this was a marriage of less than 5 years, any spousal support you receive would likely be minimal at best, XXXXX XXXXX of marriage is a factor in the court's decision to award such support. You need to keep records of how much she is taking from her deposits to make sure it is properly credited during your equitable distribution.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.
If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.
Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.
There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you