Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Hi I need to know if there is an open case or any thing filed

recently under XXXXX XXXXX in...
Hi I need to know if there is an open case or any thing filed recently under XXXXX XXXXX in sanford FL..
Child pertective services?
12/1/2012
Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
I am a Florida family law attorney and I believe I can help. However, I need a bit more information before proceeding. Please tell me what makes you believe there may be an "open case". Thank you.

Her ex has recently threatened to take custody of her daughter using her place of employment as a threat..

tonight she was arrested by and charged in sanford fl..

the police first said they pulled over a client but ask for her by her real name. then asked about her mother by name..

which the ex said would happen

If she was arrested, then this is criminal and would have nothing to do with the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). And, if it is criminal, the case could be checked into by calling the county jail. Then, on Monday, you could also call the State Attorney's Office and/or the clerk of the court for additional information.

.

If there actually is a DCFS case, such cases are considered confidential as they involved minor children. Meaning, they are not available for public scrutiny. However, Ms. Roberts could call the local DCFS office and they would let her know what, if anything, was being investigated related to her.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney