How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Your Own Question
Robert, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  I am a licensed Attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I only wish to add a name to original certificate, how do I

Customer Question

I only wish to add a name to original certificate, how do I do this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
What kind of certificate are you referring to?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

birth certificate under the name of Ella Vee Carpenter 3/29/32

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

You can access an application to amend a birth certificate in Louisiana by accessing the following link:

Enclose the completed application, a photocopy of the child's birth certificate, photocopies of supporting documents and a check for $18.50 plus $9 if you want a certified copy of the amended certificate. The filing fee is $18 plus 50 cents for each submission. You will send the application package to the following address:

Louisiana Vital Records Registry
Attn: Document Alteration Section
P.O. Box 60630
New Orleans, LA 70160

I hope this has helped. Let me know if you need me to further clarify and I will do my best to so clarify. Thank you and good luck!