Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I received a default judgement on the temporary orders as he

didn't show up. I'm the...
I received a default judgement on the temporary orders as he didn't show up. I'm the petitioner in the divorce case and pre-trial hearing is coming up on Monday. What happens if he doesn't show up to the pre-trial too and was given due notice of the hearing by certified mail and email and I have of that proof already. I already had my default final decree pre-approved by the judge until he filed his answer contesting just days before the scheduled hearing for the judge to sign off on it. So what can I do now to be prepared for this hearing on Monday if he doesn't show up? If it possible to have the actual final decree which is actually 35-37pages long be re-approved and sign then? Or is there another process to go through? I have a feeling that he will not show up again.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/3/2012
Wendy-Mod
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Waiting
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
I am sorry for the delay in you receiving an answer. Sometimes out system has technical issues where questions do not appear on our lists. Please accept my apology for the delay.

If he does not show up at the hearing, you would be prepared at that hearing to resubmit your default divorce order and a renewed motion for default judgment against him for failure to appear. You do not need to submit a new default order from the one that was pre-approved. You merely need to submit the same one with a renewed motion for default.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer