How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am custodial parent in joint child case. I have just discovered that my ex husband has a

This answer was rated:

I am custodial parent in joint child case. I have just discovered that my ex husband has a felon male living in the household and did not disclose information during the family law trial. Is this legal or did my ex break the law? We live in CA.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney.

It is not necessarily illegal that he didn't disclose this fact UNLESS the court specifically asked him about this and he was untruthful. However, this would be grounds to file a motion to modify custody and ask the court to take away his custody and visitation due to him living with a felon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He wasn't asked during trial, so I see your point. My child is older also, 17yr male, but it still concerns me that my ex is using poor judgement. Would the kind of felony have any barring on the situation? I believe he committed Domestic Battery on his girlfriend and two children?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Kirk Adams didn't answer may follow up question which I paid for and still would like answered.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Finish answering my reply please!

If the felony was a violent felony, it would give the court more reason to change custody

A violent felony is any felony that could cause serious harm to the victim - use of a deadly weapon is the most common.
Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you