Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Is it customary for an ex spouse to request a vocational evaluation

Customer Question
after only paying 3 months...
Is it customary for an ex spouse to request a vocational evaluation after only paying 3 months of support. Up until July we were still living together and he was paying only a modified temporary child support order. Since moving out mid July of this year he's had to start paying the temporary order for child & spousal support. (he's been late on every payment sans 1) yet, he's requesting a vocational evaluation. This seems unusual since I've been a stay at home mom for over 11 years and the primary care taker of our son. My ex has been working out of state for the past 2 1/2 yrs. I have full physical custody and he has 25% timeshare yet is only exercising 14% of that timeshare at the moment. I don't want to refuse the evaluation but I've also had many health problems over the past years (which he's well aware of which I can provide doctors notes for) This is a long term marriage 12 years. He's upset about me not agreeing to an end of permanent support clause in our settlement ending after 10 years. In California, I believe the court likes to hold jurisdiction over that. I just don't understand the vocational evaluation after 3 months of support payments even though we've been technically separated since Jan 2011. I did not move out of the residence until July 2012.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/2/2012
Family Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there

-

When was the spousal support agreement put into place and what are the terms of termination of spousal support?

-

-

-

MARY

Ely, Counselor at Law