How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADY LAWYER Your Own Question
LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LADY LAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to know if there is a way i can get full child custody

This answer was rated:

i need to know if there is a way i can get full child custody of my 2 yr old there is no test done to see if he is the dad child support will not help with and he dose not help me out with her or anything and i want to know what i can do

LADY LAWYER : Hello, Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today. Please give me a moment to review your question and to answer you.
LADY LAWYER : In order for child support to help, you have to have him legally declared the father. If he won't admit to fathering the child, you will have to go to court and file a Petition to Determine Paternity and For Child Support.
LADY LAWYER : This is very easy to do and you do not need an attorney. Just go down to your local county court house and the family law clerk will have all the forms you need to fill out and hand back in. Then the judge will make the father take a DNA test and if it is positive, the father will be made to pay support.

ok but i dont want the money i just want full custody

LADY LAWYER : Oh okay. In that case, fill out the forms for custody instead of support. The clerk has those too and that is the way to ask for full custody.
LADY LAWYER : You can ask for child support at the same time but you don't have to.
LADY LAWYER : If you need to file for child support at a later date, you can do that too.

ok but what if he trys to take her alway from me be4 its all done with

LADY LAWYER : What do you mean by that?

he has said that he will take her from me

LADY LAWYER : As the mother, you are presumed to have custody by law until a court says otherwise. So if he physically tries to take her then you call the cops and have him arrested for kidnapping.

i have tried to tell him that but he thinks that sinces its his kid he has all rights to her


but his name is XXXXX XXXXX the paper work or anything

LADY LAWYER : I cannot keep him from trying to do anything. I can just tell you what to do if he tries. Call the cops. Do you live with him or something?

no he lives in a other state

LADY LAWYER : Okay. So it is unlikely he would come and try to take her. You need to cut off all contact with him and just go through the courts. And if he does try anything, call the cops.


LADY LAWYER : If you have any further questions, I am happy to answer them. If not, please consider leaving me an excellent service rating as it is the only way we are compensated and it costs you nothing further to do. Thank you!

ok thnk yu

LADY LAWYER and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions