Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex and I seperated b toghether 3 years.my question is Im…

Customer Question
My ex and I seperated...
My ex and I seperated b toghether 3 years.my question is I'm nor on the birth certificate for my 4 year old daughrer but was procced on turing in add father parantage affida vit. She singed it but wasn't noterized she only lets me see kids once week f hour and only t get money out of me and wont let me see kids at all o spend time.she plans moving t bloomfield township soon and didnt e en tell me.nor lets me talk t kids.wat do i have t d t take her court t get custody.how much will it cost.wat d I hav t do and I need a lawer that's good t repersent me.and wat the steps I need t do and I need a lawer can u help
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/2/2012
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 years ago
If she did not submit the affidavit, you will now have to file a paternity petition in court and you would have to as the court for a custody/visitation order as part of that suit and the court will then order you named as father on the birth certificate and will give you your parental rights. You should have a local family law attorney represent you on this if you want to get this done in a more economical and faster manner.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”