How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was very satisfied with my last experts answer, but is it

Customer Question

I was very satisfied with my last expert's answer, but is it possible to ask the same question to a specific family law attorney licensed in Louisiana?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex.

It appears that you have already received an answer from your previous expert Paul, who is the only Louisiana licensed attorney and he is an experienced family law professional and the only Louisiana licensed attorney who is actively working on at this time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I have found out more information and would like a second opinion from the original expert that answered my first question. I was told by a Louisiana attorney, if a form 2374C was filed, it is a final community property settlement that can't be reversed, even if the divorce date had passed. Do you know this to be true? Thanks


Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I apologize, but I believed when you asked for another expert you did not want me to answer.

If the court actually issued an order separating property under 2374C and you did not merely submit a property settlement agreement together with the divorce that you abandoned (which is what I understood you did in the last question) then it cannot now be reversed. If you merely submitted your proposed community property separation with the divorce you filed and no further action was taken on the case and the court never issued the order on the community property agreement, then it is able to be dismissed with the divorce that was dismissed for want of prosecution. It all depends on whether or not the court issued the separation of property order in your case.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Related Family Law Questions