How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dave thank you for your help! My mom thinks you are cute are

This answer was rated:

Dave thank you for your help! My mom thinks you are cute are you available?
Thanks for the compliment and for using our service. I've been married for 45 years so I'm not available!
Dave Kennett and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Congrats on being married for 45 yrs. That's awesome! I hope to married to a good man some day and with God's help I'm sure that is going to happen. I may have a couple more questions but for tonite I am signing off and thank you again for your help! You have helped me to make the decision to move to GA and get away without fear of going to jail for taking my kids out of an abusive relationship. He makes a lot of threats that he will get me for kidnapping and at least now I know that wont happen. Thank you Dave, have a great rest of the evening.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good evening Dave, I wanted to ask if I have to file the protective order in the state he lives in or if I can file it in GA where I'm moving to? With him being a confident informant I thought I should file in Ga but want to make sure I cover all my bases and do this right. Thank you!

If you don't want him to know you are leaving it may be best to wait until you arrive at your new home and then if or when he contacts you file your motion there.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If I take off to GA with my children without a temporary custody order can he file a temporary custody order and make me return them? I plan on enrolling them in school as soon as I get there and dont want to have to return them to him. I would like to file the temp custody order in GA but am told that I cant until I have been there for 6 months. Do you know if I can file a temporary emergency order in GA so that he will have to come to GA for court?

If there are no court orders in effect then you can go where you please and he can't force you to return. If you file a court action where you live then you would be subject to the jurisdiction of that court and then you could have a problem.

Related Family Law Questions