Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have been told that my ex is a CI (confidential informant)

do you think the judge...
I have been told that my ex is a CI (confidential informant) do you think the judge will sway towards giving him custody because he works for the police? My children and I are in danger being around him and I would think a judge would see that. Can we ask that the custody hearings be held in another county or in the state of GA vs. NC?
11/1/2012
The fact that he is a CI could work against him for custody if you can show this to the court as it would present a danger to the children and thus would not be in the best interests of the children. He is not a police officer or employee, he is a snitch, which does not sway a court to give someone custody, in fact it is a negative factor because of the danger posed to the children if someone comes after him for being an informant. Unfortunately, the custody hearings have to be held in NC if that is where the case was filed and it cannot be moved to GA because GA has no personal jurisdiction in the case. You will have to provide proof that your ex is indeed a CI and you would use this to show that it exposes the children to unnecessary danger should whoever he is informing on come and try to retaliate against him.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer