How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27549
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had court September 28 to discuss parenting issues and arreage

This answer was rated:

I had court September 28 to discuss parenting issues and arreage of 10,000. in back support. I agreed to mediation on the parenting issues but nothing has been done by the courts, NDCSS, or my ex to get Child Support issue resolved. He has been abusive over the phone and has manipuated our children.(daughter 14, and twin boy's 12). I have mediation tomorrow and I feel it would a waste of time and money to meet with this guy when the last time we tried mediation he stormed out and I had to be escorted to my car for protection. Is there anyway to get out of mediation because this is going to be a nasty event.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Was the mediation ordered by the Judge?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it was but I had requested it in hopes that my ex husband would be more open to working amicably. That has not been the case.

The only way to get out of it at this point, is to have it waived by the Judge since it was ordered. However, if he is not acting in good faith and only wasting your time and money by showing up, you can always ask the Judge to order that he pay for it or reimburse you for your half, since when he is showing up, nothing is being accomplished. Mediation is not binding, so neither party is forced to do anything. However, each side is expected to act in good faith and if he is failing to do so, could result in the Judge taking action.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or
need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with
3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my
help. I hope you found it to be
Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100%
satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the
left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE
CONVERSATION "button. I want
to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and
that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

FamilyAnswer and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions