Meigs
Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.
22589080

I am going thru a divorce at the present time. My wifes attorney

I am going thru a divorce at the present time. My wife's attorney is threatening to sue for
alienation of affection against my supposed mistress. If my "mistress" has been a client of my wife's divorce lawyer previously, would it not be illegal for this lawyer or anyone in her
firm to sue this woman?

meigs004 :

Hello, how are you today? So you are wondering if it would be illegal for the lawyer to sue a former client?

Customer:

Yes

meigs004 :

Ok. The answer to your question is that it is a conflict of interest to represent a new client against an old client, if the matter to which the lawyer is going to sue the individual arises from the same or similar occurrence. What did the lawyer represent the "mistress" in?

Customer:

She was the "mistress's" lawyer in her divorce several years ago.

meigs004 :

I understand. That would be a conflict or interest, and in order to represent your future ex-wife, she would need to get the consent of the "mistress"

Customer:

Thank you. That is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.

meigs004 :

Great, please provide a positive rating if this answers your question.-