How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask max713 Your Own Question
max713, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1893
Experience:  I am responsive, respectful, and relentless.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
max713 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the State of Ca and am married. If I am left a sum

This answer was rated:

I live in the State of Ca and am married. If I am left a sum of money from parents, how much of it should be shared with spouse?

max713 :

Hi, I'm trained and experienced in family law, and I would love to help you through your current situation. If you acquired it either as a gift or inheritance, you are under no obligation to share the money either during marriage or divorce. Gifts and inheritance are exceptions to the community property presumption in California.


max713 :

Remember, this is not legal advice, but is legal information only.


max713 :

Does that make sense?



Yes it does make sense and I wish to thank you very much for the information.


Kind regards

max713 and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you