How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118256
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive filed divorce and had my husband served by he wouldnt

Customer Question

I've filed divorce and had my husband served by he wouldn't leave. We had to go through eviction to actually get him out of the house so that we could sleep at night. Now, when my children come back from visiting him, they are angry and say horrible things to me when 5 weeks ago they were warm and loving. My kids need both of their parents to survive and thrive and I am careful even when they ask me why I filed divorce, not to provide the laundry list of affairs and lies and drug addiction. This is not something that should be dumped on a 10 and 11 year old. But how to do I combat this? They come home from visits with him and tell me they hate me, that I'm ruining their lives and that I don't love them either since I'm breaking up our family. My son even said to me that he's not going to do anything I ask him to and that I can't make him and if you think you are you'll have to call the police on me too! This is very unusual behavior and language for my son and it truly sounded rehearsed. What can I do? We are going to go into a mediation situation for custody shortly and I want to be prepared with the examples of what's going on so that I can hopefully stop it... how do I best prepare and what forms of proof are best in parental alienation?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
If he is causing this type of disharmony with the children and is not fostering a healthy relationship with you as the other parent, this is grounds to actually move the court for at least supervised visitation to prevent him from making such disparaging comments about you. You would have to do this by filing a motion to the court to modify visitation. You would also need to support this motion by taking them to a therapist to get to the root cause of this new behavior so the therapist can testify as to how these comments from him are hurting the children. Parental alienation's effects are quite real, but I am afraid that the courts do not recognize parental alienation syndrome as a legitimate syndrome, which is why you need to argue that he is not fostering a healthy parental relationship with the other parent and have a therapist testify to the bad effects of his conduct with the children.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”