How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FAMILY EXPERT Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 450
Experience:  New York Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FAMILY EXPERT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i ahve been served a motion for contempt on visitation. the

This answer was rated:

i ahve been served a motion for contempt on visitation. the allegations are baseless can i can i answer the motion or file a misc. motion asking for costs on this as it is time consuming. I am pro se but have consulted with attys on this . also this contempt motion was a recation to my motion for contempt for violation of a court order on this i am owed $20,000 do i have to ask for interest or will the magistrate include it when this is ruled in my favor

Good Day ,

I am a US Attorney and I'll be answering your question today. My advice is restricted to advice surrounding the general principles of law governing your issue and you should not act on this advice but seek further clarification from a specialist in your County.

There seems to be a couple of separate issues. Non-payment of support in violation of a court order is in contempt of court.Similarly, the denial of visitation rights entitles a person to petition the court for contempt. Support arrears incur interest and will be directly applied by the judge.

You answer the contempt allegations in court.

Thank You for your question.

Please RATE my answer now either GOOD or EXCELLENT , so that I get credit for this answer and leave a BONUS if possible

FAMILY EXPERT and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you