How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ex moved away from TX with 18yo and 15yo sons 5 states away

This answer was rated:

Ex moved away from TX with 18yo and 15yo sons 5 states away (no restriction). I intended to fly children back to Texas during xmas standard visitation. Oldest denied due to job, which is fine. 15yo denied because older brother is not going and does not want to fly by himself self. Although he know I did so younger than him. Mother is not cooperating and allowing all his decisions to stand. What options do I have?
Hello and welcome,

There is an order of custody in place providing visitation to you over this holiday break?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes - Dec 22- 28th.

I see. Thank you for the additional information, Bryan.

If you have an e-mail or other evidence from your ex evidencing her intent not to comply with the court's order of visitation, you could typically file a motion for contempt with the court that granted the visitation, seeking that she be held in contempt if she does not comply with the order. This is the usual method for compelling compliance with such order.

If you wish to avoid litigation, it is often enough to retain an attorney for the limited purpose of communicating a demand to the violating parent since they usually wish to avoid the possibility of being held in contempt of court and jailed.

It has been my pleasure to assist you. Please remember to press the smiley faces/stars on the right of your screen when we are finished with our communication so I will be credited for my time.

Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to you or not, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Thank you very much and all the best to you,


Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Tina and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you