How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102342
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Florida, how can you find out if a person obtained an annulment

This answer was rated:

In Florida, how can you find out if a person obtained an annulment of a marriage.
Hello, my name is Ely. I am here to help you. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a reply. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear.

This depends - where does the person claim to have had the annulment adjudicated - any specific county? Or you do not know?

This not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

most likely in orlando or near by

Thank you, John.

The best way to go about confirming someone's annulment is to call the county's clerk of courts and ask for the records department. For a very minimal fee (or free), they can look up the record of any party by name and get you a copy of any court record as needed. For Orlando, the number (you'll have to ask for civil & records) is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Every county has a "clerk of court" which houses the record department that can help you find a record of this annulment.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY TO EXPERT to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.
Ely and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you