How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29802
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you tell me the standrad time line of courts apppinted

This answer was rated:

Can you tell me the standrad time line of courts apppinted a PC in my case? I have been to at least 6-8 sessions and feel like it is getting no where. My ex is still irrational and overly dramatic andcauses issues where there need not be. she causes more stress than need be and i wanted to know how i go about asking that the courts release the PC or how ong typicaly do i have to go? My ex thinks it is a therapy session to discuss her issues with me and why we did not work etc. How do i ask courts to release PC as we have figured out the most imporant thing that was vacation time (she was unwilling to giv eme prior to PC) and rotation of holidays every year (again she was unwilling to giv eme prior to PC) so i feel what was needed has been recvd as i d nto care to take thearpy sessions with my ex. and feel it is getting no where and ramainns stagnent while sinking out $150 a session, which i cant afford and she has not even ever paid her portion.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. I only receive credit when rated 3 or higher. If for any reason you feel that a low rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" tab.

There may be a slight delay in response time, as I may be helping with other questions or I may be away from the computer. I will answer any follow-up questions as soon I can.

Start by looking at the order to see if the judge ordered a specific number of sessions. There isn't really a set number ordered in all cases. If he didn't, you can go back to the judge, and file a Motion to Terminate PC, then explain what you've explained here. Tell him that the sessions are not beneficial to either party, that you cannot afford to do more, and that your ex has not paid. If the initial order tells her to pay for half, you can ask him to hold her in Contempt of Court for not paying. It would help if you could get the counselor to agree that continued session don't benefit anyone.

Please rate my service before signing out, as this is the only way that I get credit for the time I spend helping you. I hope that you are 100% satisfied - if not, please click "reply" so that we may continue the conversation. Good luck.
Lucy, Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions