JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

I have Child support court and what if I have no money to bring

I have Child support court and what if I have no money to bring with me,,I'm just behind a little bit but have documentation showing where I pay..court is on wed the 3 oct
Is there a specific question I can assist you with?

Also, have you ever been to court on this issue before?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my fisrt time going...will I be attested if I havve no money to bring to court
Usually not, so long as you have a reasonable excuse for why you are behind.

Do you have a lawyer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no lawyer...alabamaa shows me beeing behind 4000 but Georgia is tracking I'm behind 1000
..I also gave the Exwife 3000 fro my tax money to go towards child support wwhen we were seperated
That is enough money where it is possible that the judge would order you to jail. It is not usual on a first time but it is possible. You need a lawyer to assist you. If you can't afford one then you can ask to have one appointed since it is possible to go to jail for this.

A lot of times on a first contempt motion a lawyer can get a deal worked out where you pay a little extra each month to get caught up.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
but I'm only 1000 rebind customer I've been paying for awhile and I gave her 3000 in marchh..unemployment takes it lout everyweek
You are going to have to prove it is the $1000 rather than the $4000 but the fact that you paid the $3000 and have been having it taken from your check, assuming that the court believes that, makes it very likely you would not be put into jail after the hearing but you should still ask for a lawyer.

Usually the only ones the judges send to jail are the people who aren't trying to pay and have the money. The fact that you took your refund and gave it to her will help a lot.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have all documents for court staging that I've been paying since April cuz its from Georgia Child support where I got the print out..and do I bring up to the judge That I barely see my daughter at all
The judge won't want to hear any testimony about not seeing your daughter because that is a matter for a different hearing, this one will only be concerned with the child support.

The documents should prove what you need to prove and the judge will likely just tell you to pay extra each month until you get caught up.