Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

Is a divorced women who has full custody of her child allowed

Is a divorced women who has full custody of her child allowed to have a boyfriend sleep at her house/apartment without any danger of her ex husband attempt to try and take her child away from her due to the fact that the boyfriend stayed there?
.
A custodial parent would not be prohibited from having guests over while they had physical custody of the children unless there was something in the custody agreement that specifically stated this. This is assuming that the boyfriend didn't have any legal restrictions on being around children (i.e. convictions for child molestation).
.
As long as the child is not exposed to any type of harmful activities, then the custodial parent has a right to associate with anyone they choose to.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.