AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
10805288

Im a mother of 2 and their father never paid child support.

Customer Question

I'm a mother of 2 and their father never paid child support. Since my kids were born my mother and I have been providing for the kids and also providing for my kids father during the time we were together. I ended the relationship on 2009 and until now no child support. What should I do in order for him to legally let him support for his kids since right now he has another girl pregnant?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your inquiry! I have been practicing family law for 17+ years and have specific experience with issues like yours. That being said... I am working on your answer and will post it as soon as it is complete. Thanks for your patience!
My name isXXXXX and I have been a stage 4 (highest) professional lawyer with the Company for nearly 4 years, and enjoy giving top notch answers to all of my customers. While I am unable to represent you or give you specific legal advise, I can provide you with legal information you may wish to consider and review so that when you do consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction, you have a basis of knowledge.

Please DO remember to only rate my answer when you are quite satisfied with my diligence and effort in accordance with your chosen transaction. I aim to provide EXCELLENT SERVICE. Until then, please stop and REPLY to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the question concern you may still have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. AND, WHEN YOU DO RATE ME POSITIVELY, PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY LETTING ME KNOW YOU ARE DOING SO, SO WE CAN ENSURE IT GETS RECORDED. THANKS!

With regard to your post:

You can sue the father for child support. I presume he is in the US. If you have not established legally that he is the father, you will want to do so. You do that by petitioning the court for a DNA test, to "establish paternity." The court can order this to assure he is the father legally, order him as such, and then put through a child support order. You can seek child support through the state court of his state (as well as the DNA order). Typically, state courts for child support have pro se forms you can use to file for this support, so you need not research all of the books out there to learn how THAT particular courts wants your paperwork to look. Once you file your petition and have him properly served (the process for which would be in the instructions that come with the form OR, if not specific, in the local rules of procedure of that particular court). You can get that procedure book often online or, by subscribing to Westlaw or LexisNesix - legal databases. The reason it may not be best to file in Phillipines is that enforcing that foreign child support order in the U.S. can prove to be next to impossible. If you can, you may want to hire a lawyer to file the paperwork for you (an attorney licensed in the state where the defendant father resides) - By using HIS state of residence, you ensure that the court has jurisdiction over him.

-------

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know and we can interact further. Otherwise, I wish you the best and ask that you Rate me now. HINT: I aim to provide only EXCELLENT SERVICE and ask that you click a rating on the RIGHT side of the choices OR, follow up with me if you need more follow up or clarification. AND, WHEN YOU DO RATE ME POSITIVELY, PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY LETTING ME KNOW YOU ARE DOING SO, SO WE CAN ENSURE IT GETS RECORDED. THANKS!

You can ask for me directly in the future by starting your post with "To Alexia Esq."

Repeat reminder: Due to rules of our states, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information in order that you may have a starting point for helping yourself and presenting your issue to your lawyer if need be. I am an Attorney in the U.S. but I am not your attorney.

Hello again. Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to either:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being (I aim to provide you Excellent Service!).

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab (or 'continue conversation') and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service - to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.