How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16629
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Texas. If I want to get away from my husband for a

This answer was rated:

I am in Texas. If I want to get away from my husband for a few days because we are having problems, is it illegal for me to take my baby with me?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Was a child custody/visitation ever established by the court?

How old is the baby and where and for how long would be taking the baby?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No a child custody/visitation was never established by any court.

My baby is 7 months old and it would be 2-3 days to stay with my parents 15 minutes away.
Dear Sherrie,

Thank you for your follow up.

As long as there is no court order that would restrict you from leaving with your minor child, you would not be breaking any laws if you visit your aunt for several days with your baby, but I would suggest that you do keep your husband informed of the whereabouts of the baby, so he doesn't panic and call the police, etc...
Alex J. Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions