How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am paying temporary spousal support and I have just recieved

This answer was rated:

I am paying temporary spousal support and I have just recieved a pay increase. My wife's attorney is filling for an increase in support. Is there a limit to what he can ask for or am stuck going back to court everytime i get a raize?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, the child support amount can be modified anytime there is a significant change in your income and the court will increase the amount of child support according to the child support guidelines.

Unfortunately, there is no limit as to how many time the parent who has residential custody of the minor child(ren) can file a petition to modify child support payment.
Dear Phillipe,

I can see that I have misread your question and that you are inquiring about spousal support and not child support.

Unfortunately, unless the spousal support order states that the amount of the spousal support is non-modifiable, the ex-spouse can file a petition for modification of the spousal support anytime there is a material change in the financial circumstances related to you or her.

Once again, I do apologize misreading your question and please let me know if you have further related follow up questions or if you need for me to further clarify my answer to you.
Alex J. Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you