How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am not represented by an attorney and my wifes attorney

This answer was rated:

I am not represented by an attorney and my wife's attorney has ignored a subpoena as well as been missleeding by trying to make me pay additional spousal support. Can I ask a judge for sanction against him and his client?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney.

You can file a motion to compel production of the subpoenaed documents you've requested and seek sanctions (your costs) for having to file the motion to compel.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Since I am not represented my costs are low. So I cannot impose a sanction or penalty for contempt of court?

You can ask for sanctions, but that usually just involves any costs or losses that you incurred as a result of you having to file the motion. The judge can assess a penalty - but it would be paid to the court, not you.
Roger and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you