How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq. Your Own Question
JPEsq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has been pay child support on time every month $4000.

This answer was rated:

My husband has been pay child support on time every month $4000. His x-wife tells him his daughter with her friend almost every weekend and her friends are more important than father. My husband got so hurt by her comment. She always come up excuse of telling him she is too tired so can't go. He has twin 14 years old boys and 13 years old daughter. Also boys can decide who to live with the age of 14. They want to live with dad because mother tell them to go live with dad, they are so stress and complain headache. My husband says they can choose to live us and doesn't have to pay their portion of child support. I need legal advise. And if they are living with us then does mother has to pay us child support?

If the boys came to live with the father, his child support would be eliminated for those children. He would still have to pay support for the girl, and this would be set off against the support obligation of the mother. So depending on his and her incomes, he may still have to pay support, or she might have to pay him support.


As for the withholding of visitation, she is not allowed to do that. It is her responsibility as a parent to make sure she gets there, it is not optional. His remedy in this case would be to file a motion for contempt, stating that the mother is willfully disobeying the order of the court by not allowing visitation as agreed.

JPEsq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you