JPEsq.
JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
14397910

I am a pro se litigant. I have a trial for an Order of Protection

I am a pro se litigant. I have a trial for an Order of Protection my daughter's father falsely got against me. I would like to bring a witness. What do I have to do to bring my witness? What is the latest I can let them know I have a witness?
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi. Yes I am still waiting......

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. I really need to know. I am on my way to the court.

You don't have to do anything to bring the witness if they will voluntarily appear. You only need a subpoena if the person might not show up.

You can let them know you have a witness before the trial starts, the day of, for this type of hearing (protective order).

So just show up with your witness, and tell the court staff and the other party.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Awesome. Thanks!

No problem, good luck.

* please do not respond to this. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate my answer positively, so that I can receive credit for my work. If you have follow up questions, you can request me by name later.

JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience: Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.