How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband & I married on Nov.3,1995 , have been separated

This answer was rated:

My husband & I married on Nov.3,1995 , have been separated since Feb.26,2003.
Am I entitled to any alimony payments, since he hasn't wanted to get on with this divorce. I'm a single mother raising 3 kids.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

You are not entitled to any alimony payments until you file for the divorce. At that time, alimony can be issued in the form of "pendente lite" payments, which would be made to you before the divorce is final. At the conclusion, the regular and ongoing support would be awarded. As it stands now, you can't force him to support you without going ahead and filing. I'm sorry. !

SoloLawyer :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,


Michael J, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you