How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3459
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my husband passes away ( in the state of FL) and we have

This answer was rated:

If my husband passes away ( in the state of FL) and we have a blended family do I by law have to give each of my husbands children 20% of his life insurance policy ? Even if he has a will he wrote out with specific instructions as to how much he wants to give them already? And if so is it 20% total for all the kids to share equally and split between them or 20% for each individual child to receive from the sum total of the life insurance? Do I have to by law share our personal assets such our house cars bank account saving etc. with them as will - i.e. meaning if this 20% law is true what does the 20% due to them specifically entail just life insurance or both life insurance and personal assets as well ? Does this law stand if we have a will already and override what he has specified if it is less or does it only apply if there is NO will at all? thanks :)

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

Who is the beneficiary of the life insurance policy?


I am to my knowledge.

SoloLawyer : The life insurance policy immediately passes to the beneficiary upon death, keeping that account "outside" of probate. That means you can do with the money as you wish.
Michael J, Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions