Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Needing leagal advice before going

Customer Question
to meet with CPS in...
Needing leagal advice before going to meet with CPS in California(orange County)

Needing to get child back I'm not allowed to be with.her unsupervised.Husband is calling CPS for any little reason to make me keep looking bad.

It for daughter her husband a marine and trying to take child.Because of pass 1yr ago and everything was dropped he's up set so how she takes meds.and drank wine and said she was sleeping on child so went treatment and out and he is not happy so again trying to keep child from her and get her off base.with not givr or sharing child in California

Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: California

Already Tried:
Done everything that was expected to do the first time and second since husband and complains went to treatment for alcohol.and finish and going to meeting too still never seems to be enough for husband.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/2/2012
Family Lawyer: Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer

Sometimes there may be a delay in receiving a reply from me as I work on creating the best solution to the question you have presented.

First let me say that I am sorry to hear that you are facing this problem with CPS. I can not give you legal advise because that would violate the terms of this website and raise possible ethical issues.

However, I can share information and law with you based upon the facts that you have provided to me.

Sometimes as an attorney I must disclose information which does not reflect my personal view but rather is just an expression of the law.

CPS takes any allegation of child abuse or endangerment very seriously and often with caution on the side of restricting a parent's access until there is sufficient evidence that the allegation is not true. The best thing you can do prior to meeting with CPS is obtain an attorney to go with you to the meeting. If it is not possible for you to retain an attorney and you still wish to talk with CPS, then be very careful as to what you say and how you say it. In other words think before you talk to the CPS. Consider alternate meanings to your statement before you share the statement because they will be looking for anything that would support the allegation against you. Be prepared to provide direct proof showing the allegations are not true and then ask CPS what additional proof they wish to see to prove the allegations against you are not true. If you can produce the proof requested then provide the proof and show CPS that you are willing to cooperate.

I hope you found this information beneficial and I wish you much luck with your meeting.

Have a good day,

Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer