Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

can they come across state lines to arrest you for contempt

of court for not paying...
can they come across state lines to arrest you for contempt of court for not paying your alimony?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2012
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

They can, but they only do so if a person is one of the top offenders in the country. The decision of whether not to extradite a child support obligor for non-payment would rest with the state that is trying to enforce the order. However, this almost never happens.

Steven Kincaid :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer:
I was unable to read what you wrote in your post. Sometimes when that occurs, it works better to switch to question and answer mode so I have done that. Do you have further questions?
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney