How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2440
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can they come across state lines to arrest you for contempt

This answer was rated:

can they come across state lines to arrest you for contempt of court for not paying your alimony?

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

They can, but they only do so if a person is one of the top offenders in the country. The decision of whether not to extradite a child support obligor for non-payment would rest with the state that is trying to enforce the order. However, this almost never happens.

Steven Kincaid :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

I was unable to read what you wrote in your post. Sometimes when that occurs, it works better to switch to question and answer mode so I have done that. Do you have further questions?
S. Kincaid and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you