Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Background: I was granted 70% and my ex 30% custody. My son

Customer Question

Background : I was granted 70% and my ex 30% custody. My son is 6 and has been in the same parenting plan for three years now. He goes to his days 2 overnights every week. This has always been great as my son gets to see his dad every week so not too much time passes and also it's very predictible with Holidays and such since the schedule goes by first and third weeks of the month are my weekends and the ex gets the second, fourth and fifth weeks. Question: He is now begging I go to mediation because he wants to change the schedule to one week on, and one week off. This is the schedule he has with his wife's child, stepson, when visiting. My ex wants my son and her son to be on the same schedule, he states it is much more convient and easy on pick ups this way. However, my son does not get along too well with this other kid and complains he never gets to spend alone time with his dad as it is. How do I explain this? My ex says I make up any excuses my son tells me as to why he doesn't want to go to dads more. Does my ex have a case? Can he sue me after 3 years to get 50/50 and this one week on/off schedule.

I am going to go to the mediation appointment just to have our conversation documented by the mediator. To my understanding he has no extreme circumstances to ask for such time, this disrupts my sons schedule that has been the same for three years. Any advice for me? Corey

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
still waiting ...hoping to hear back by 2 pm tomorrow. Thanks. Corey
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for following up, it's about 7:45 a.m. here and I have my mediation today at 2:30 p.m., I wanted to have the advice before entering the session so I have a solid grasp on what my ex can and cannot force me into. Hopefully I hear back soon.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please just cancel my question. I would like a refund. Thank you.