How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A-LEGAL-MIND Your Own Question
A-LEGAL-MIND, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  Divorce Law Firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
A-LEGAL-MIND is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  A-LEGAL-MIND replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. If your ex was staying with you under an oral now have a holdover tenant and would need to formally evict him. Eviction is a court process which starts with a formal written notice which states that he has a certain number of days to pay the rent or must leave or a formal eviction will be filed in court. The eviction process is started by filing a complaint and serving the other party to the action (your ex). Then if there is a response there will be a hearing where each party may present evidence or tell there side of the story. If you win and eviction will be ordered and he will have a few days to leave before the sheriff can forcibly remove him. Good Luck and please let me know if you have further questions.