lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

when you want to request copies of bank records and tax records

Customer Question

when you want to request copies of bank records and tax records etc, would you just put that request in your regular motion for child custody modification or would you fill out a subpoena form or another special form?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question to JA/Pearl. Legal questions often take time for research or I may be offline so please be patient, I will reply.

You do not put that in your motion for a change of child custody but you would serve the other party with interrogatories and requests to produce. If they do not comply, you can file a motion to compel or you can subpoena the bank records. You will not be able to get the tax returns by subpoena.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl145.pdf
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This form will work eventhough the divorce is final for 3 years?

Also I would like tax records to go back to 2008 when we were married. I found out from IRS that he did not file our tax return as joint like he was supposed to . So I would like to find out what he has done to our taxes for 2008 and 2009. So how would I go about doing that?
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.

Yes this is a new action

So how would I go about doing that

You are going to have to get with the IRS. That is really something that I cannot assist you with. If he has not filed, you may want to file as married filing separately for those years. I would suggest that you consult with a CPA
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Please remember to rate my service! If you feel unsatisfied with my service at all, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY tab with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.