How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mkc1959 Your Own Question
mkc1959, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 616
Experience:  Practicing attorney with 26 years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mkc1959 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married to mexican,undocumented gay,separeted not long

Resolved Question:

I am married to mexican,undocumented gay,separeted not long ago,we have a girl 3 yrs old.What's my rights to obtain exit permission for my girl/us citizen/ to live with my parents in Europe?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mkc1959 replied 5 years ago.

mkc1959 : According to the US Department of State, under Public Law 106-113, Section 236, both parents or must give their consent before a passport will be issued for any minor children under the age of 16. The Bureau of Consular Affairs provides more information for parents about the Two-Parent . Read more at:
mkc1959 : However at this time you are not yet divorced. So you should be able to obtain a passport and travel documents for your child. Just be aware that travel will become immensely more difficult if you are divorced at some point in the future.
mkc1959 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  mkc1959 replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.