How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two more children whose fathers dont have anything

Customer Question

I have two more children whose fathers don't have anything to do w/ them. One hasn't seen or heard from his father in over 2 years and the other doesn't even know who his biological father is (he calls my husband daddy). I currently live in South Carolina w/ my children. One of my son's fathers lives in Mississippi and the other lives in Florida. Is there a way I can have their rights revoked w/o their permission? My husband wants to adopt both boys and can't do so until they're biollogical fathers no longer have rights.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.

You can file a petition with the court in SC to terminate the bio father's rights and if they do not show up or contest it the court can terminate on default. If they do show up to contest it you can present evidence that it is in the children's best interest to terminate even against the father's wishes.