How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask marriagedivorce-law Your Own Question
marriagedivorce-law, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 319
Experience:  Family law attorney with extensive trial experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
marriagedivorce-law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Shes hiding from her house so she doesnt get served the papers.

Customer Question

Shes hiding from her house so she doesnt get served the papers. I dont know were she is stayin
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  marriagedivorce-law replied 5 years ago.

marriagedivorce-law :

Hi. I just responded to this post. I suggest that you consult with a local attorney about different options for serving her - such as serving her at work if she has a job, using a private process server or hiring a private investigator to find her - if any of the options comply with Colorado's rules regarding service of process. Please let me know if this answers your question or if you need more information.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cn I press charges if she does leave knowing im tryin to get papers served to her?
Expert:  marriagedivorce-law replied 5 years ago.
No. All you can do is keep trying to serve her and make the fact that she was hiding from you an issue when you finally get to court. Courts will generally frown on that behavior, especially if she's also keeping the child from you while she is avoiding service. I hope this helps. Please let me know if it does and also, please let me know if you need more help. I really want to make sure that you are happy with the service you're receiving, so please let me know if there's something more that you need.

Related Family Law Questions