How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq. Your Own Question
JPEsq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in 2005 a custody agreement was made during a lengthy divorce.

This answer was rated:

in 2005 a custody agreement was made during a lengthy divorce. Children were primary awarded to the father because mother could not afford at the time to pay continuous lawyer fees while the father received his free from his sister. One of the children involved has now turned 16 and wants to live with his mother. What does she do to make this prcoess happen? Does the child have his own rights? If so how do I help excersize his rights? In the state of Pennsylvania.

The Mother would have to file a Petition to Modify the custody order. A 16 year old child does not have absolute authority to choose which parent to live with, but unless there is a problem with the child, his wishes will be very persuasive.


To make this happen, the Mother needs to fill out and follow the instructions on this form:


Everything the mother needs is in that link. She is the Petitioner, Father is the Respondent. For number 4, she should just state that the child wishes to reside with her and that she is able to care for him.

JPEsq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions