How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Juliana Your Own Question
Juliana, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1651
Experience:  23 years of legal experience, former child support attorney, currently practicing family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Juliana is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, if my husband filed a divorce in Van Nuys court and closest

This answer was rated:

Hi, if my husband filed a divorce in Van Nuys court and closest court to me is Burbank, can I respond through Burbank court? Thanks


Thanks for your question.

You have to file in the same court where your husband filed, that is, in Van Nuys. You can't file in a different court.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for miscommunication, he hasn't filed yet. Say, I will file a custody/divorce in Burbank court first, then he has to respond in same court where I filed, right?
That's correct. He would need to file in the same court, and the case would stay in that court until (and even after) the divorce has been made final.
Juliana and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you