How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex has custody of our daughter. and now hes not doing very

This answer was rated:

my ex has custody of our daughter. and now hes not doing very good and now my daughter lives with me. where she wants to stay living. but i dont have anything to where i can get insurance on her or even so much as to enroll her in school get medical help or nothing. and we have know idea where her father even went or how to get ahold of him. what do i do
You can ask for a Court order giving you sole custody based on the change in circumstances. You can probably get the order on very short notice since it is essential to the wellbeing of the child.

You can get a free consultation from some of the child custody lawyers listed by location at

Legal Aid is listed at

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer.