How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JackJD Your Own Question
JackJD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 535
Experience:  I've been in practice for 30+ years, concentrating in family and employment law. I enjoy helping people.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JackJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband attny is gonna write up the divorce papers I owned

This answer was rated:

My husband attny is gonna write up the divorce papers I owned my house before marriage and his name is XXXXX XXXXX deed. does hes have to sing anything extra saying he waives all rights to my house, and also wit my retirement doea he have to sign anything seperate

JackJD :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be answering your question.

JackJD :

It does not require a separate paper; but the settlement agreement should specifically state that your husband has no ownership rights in the house or in your retirement.

JackJD :

Does this answer your question, or do you have a follow-up?


ok thanks I was married less than a year to him but I wanted to make sure they were written up so I didnt have anything to worry about cause I dont trust him. He didnt work for the 2 years we were together

JackJD and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you