Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  30+ years family law experience. QDROs, UIFSA, UCCJEA expertise.
8848811

I live in mississippi. I was visited by a police officer and

I live in mississippi. I was visited by a police officer and a social worker from dhs last night because it was reported my oldest son was seen that day with bruses on his face and there is drug use in the home. The social work spoke with the son in question and also spoke with and examined my younger son and my girlfriends son (me and her reside together). The officer and the social both addmited they saw no evicence. I told them on the drug issue there were no drugs in or used in the home and that I would submit to a drug test. I beleive this call was placed and directed at me because of an arguement between my girlfriend and her parents and brother over a piece of property. The accuation is baseless. My questions are 1 should i call monday morning and try to retain council before speaking or consenting to dhs again. 2 When this accuations is proved false do i have leagl recorse against the false filer. 3 would we be able to petition the court for myself my girlfriend and the children against her parents and brother over this incident. I have no idea what my rights are and what i can do to protect myself and my kids.
Q: Should i call Monday morning and try to retain counsel before speaking or consenting to dhs again?

A: Yes, absolutely.

Q:
When this accusation is proved false do i have leagl recourse against the false filer?.

A:
No. Abuse and neglect "reporters" have legal immunity from such reports.

Q:
Would we be able to petition the court for myself my girlfriend and the children against her parents and brother over this incident?

A:
No. See above.