How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am pro se in my divorce filed in Erie County,Pa. No final

This answer was rated:

I am pro se in my divorce filed in Erie County,Pa.
No final divorce decree yet, just Orders on our various Motions.
#1. Can I file an appeal with the higher courts on the Comon Court Judge's ruling on these Motions since he's denied the Motions for Reconsideration?

#2. IF so,since both Orders involve money/property. In one, my husband is to return funds to me, & the other order establishes the auction for our property(household & real estate), does this Apeal have to be filed within 10 days of the Order date of 6/26/2012?

Thank You.
DearCustomer- If these are temporary orders pending the final judgment or decree of divorce then they are no final appealable orders and you cannot file an appeal to a higher court. If these orders become part of a final judgment of divorce then you can appeal everything to the higher court but the appeals court will not hear appeals of interlocutory orders of a pending case. You need to proceed to final judgment or a settlement of the case. If you settle then you can't appeal but if the court orders these things over an above your objections then you will have a right to appeal to the higher court after the decision is rendered.
Dave Kennett and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you