How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I prevent my son mother from limiting the time I spend

This answer was rated:

How can I prevent my son mother from limiting the time I spend with my son on every other weekend when he comes over to my home?
Thank you for posting your question to JA/Pearl. Legal questions often take time for research or I may be offline so please be patient, I will reply.

There is nothing that requires you to return the child. Further, you do not have to reply to her texts or phone calls. While you do have to allow him to call her, you can ignore her calls to you, it is not legally required to answer the phone or respond. A court can only do so much in a child custody issue. It appears this really boils down to a relationship issue between you and the child rather than one between you and the mother. You may want to consider some joint therapy to help the two of you improve that situation to where he is not making those calls. Good luck to you.
lwpat and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions