How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have been paying child support for 2 years now but ow my

This answer was rated:

i have been paying child support for 2 years now but ow my ex wants to take me to court because i guess she seen that i had to get another car she wants to take me back to court but now i make a little less money and i want to see my child.I realy want half the custodyand if i could get half the custody whould i still have to pay the ex support

Do you have any custody now? Any court ordered visits? Has a child support modification been filed by the Mother?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not that i am aware of to any of the questions

Thank you. So do you know if she has any type of custody Order? Is there a child support Order or are you simply paying her an amount?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am court ordered to have it come out of my pay check.I do not know if she has any type of custody order.


Thank you.

First you have to see if there is a custody Order. If yes, then you need to file a Modification. You can get all that information from the clerk of the court in the county where she and the child live.

If there is no custody order for her, then you need to file for it. And you can get that Petition from the court, too.

Once all that is done, you can also file to have the child support modified. Those forms are also available at the clerk's office.

If you share custody, then you will have your support adjusted accordingly to how much time each of you has.

Please note if you have other questions use the REPLY to EXPERT to Continue the Conversation . Otherwise, please give a positive rating. This will NOT close your question and it will be available for future follow up

Thank you

Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you