Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

Thank you for your answer. Also, I would like to know where

Thank you for your answer. Also, I would like to know where should I start, (I can't afford an attorney) how long does it take for the entire process to go through and what is the approximate cost.
Well, you would start by visiting the local family court and filling out a summons and complaint for divorce and filing it. Then you have to have him served with the complaint in jail. Typically a sheriff or constable will serve the summons and complaint on the person in jail and complete a certificate of service.
.
You can see a good explanation of the process here as it is fairly involved:
.
http://lindakernslaw.blogspot.com/2010/09/understanding-steps-in-pennsylvania.html
.
As for time, the mimimum is 90 days after filing, but depending on the complexity and any responses filed by the other spouse, it can take 6-9 months.
.
Cost depends on how much spouse fights, but filing fees are around $250 and if there are claims that need to be resolved, a Divorce Master, who is an attorney who hears the claims and recommends a resolution to the court, costs about $500 per half day.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help please do not rate 2 stars/faces "Helped a little" or 1 star/face "I expected more". This is considered a negative rating against me.

.

Just reply to me via the “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” or “REPLY” button with the questions you have as I receive no compensation for my efforts for the lowest two ratings.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

Please be aware that I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, please do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.