How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has been letting father of her baby keep him for

Resolved Question:

My daughter has been letting father of her baby keep him for several days at a time. There is no formal arrangement. He is threatening to keep baby. Is there anything she can do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
I'm sorry to hear about the situation. As long as paternity has been established, both parents have equal rights until court orders otherwise. Therefore, if one legal parent is refusing to return a child to the other legal parent, the parent can petition to establish custody and visitation orders to ensure her access to the child. Such a petition can be filed at the Clerk of Court's Office, though it's wisest to retain an attorney to assist with the matter.
AttorneyTom and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions