How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I applied through the mecklenburg county

Resolved Question:

I applied through the mecklenburg county child support enforcement last year on 6/28/2011 and feel like I keep getting turned away. I do have an existing court order thru family court and it's my understanding that the state is working towards redirecting the existing order which means that the state is getting my case transferred over. My case has been transferred over to at least 5 different case workers but nothing has been done. I was once told i had a court date on April 4th, 2012 then 5 days prior got a phone call saying that it was cancelled because an order was not sent out. I went to the court house in march of this yr and again this week but found no records in my file indicating that the state was going to take over my case. I want to know if i can sue the state because it's my understanding that I have a federal right to apply through the state to enforce child support. I don't know what kind of an attorney to talk to about this. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®:

I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.
My goal is to make your experience here highly satisfactory. Toward that end, please keep a few details in mind during our interaction:

1. I am a lousy mind reader. If you do not supply information to me, I do not know it. Please, give me the needed details to work with so I can provide you with the best possible service. Also, if you use the RELIST or BLOCK features, our discussion ends and I may no longer be able to assist. Please, just write back to me, directly, and talk to me.

2. Also, while I make every effort to work in a timely fashion, answering legal questions is not an instantaneous process. I am required to conduct research, interact with multiple customers simultaneously and sometimes take a break. Also, there may be times when I have to sign off for the night or to attend to other obligations. Rest assured, however, I will get back to you.

3. If you have a new legal question, the terms of this site ask that you post it in a separate thread. In other words, please be fair and reasonable. You can direct any future questions to my attention. Just go to my Profile Page, type in the text box "ask Your Question", click the hyperlink that says "15 minutes", and use the drop down menu to select 12 hours.

4. Please remember that many times even attorneys disagree with the law. But, we cannot change it. The answer I give you is based on my years of legal education and professional practice. It may well not be what you were hoping to hear. I will be upfront and direct. I will not mislead you, misstate the law to suit your hopes, or agree just to meet your expectations.

5. If you answer an Information Request and I start working on formulating your answer, it does take some time to draft a quality response. In the meantime, you may receive a message indicating that I am "offline" or "unavailable". This is not the case. These messages are generated automatically without my knowledge or input.

6. Lastly, please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated. Information provided is informational and not legal advice. I am not your attorney. No attorney-client relationship exists between us. Consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction.

QUESTION: "I don't know what kind of an attorney to talk to about this."

ANSWER: First of all, please allow me to just say that I am genuinely sorry for all you have endured throughout this ordeal. Navigating through the child support enforcement system is not for the faint of heart. Especially in light of what you have described here, I hate to say so, but I doubt you will get much by way of meaningful relief without conferring with local legal counsel. In terms of the type of lawyer, you would need to speak with a family law attorney. It is not completely free of charge but you could schedule a session for the modest fee of $50, which includes both the referral and the actual attorney time: North Carolina Lawyer Referral Service. Regrettably, if you do not take action, I fear nothing will change for the better.

I truly hope all works out for you. After you rate my answer (look for smiley faces and/or stars plus possibly a green "Submit" button), our conversation need not end. I would be happy to continue our dialog, without further charge, until you are fully satisfied. I promise to check back periodically for any updated posts from you each time I return to this online venue.
Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites: LawInfoNow. Just type your future question in the text box to direct it to my personal attention.

LawHelpNow and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you