How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JerrySJD Your Own Question
JerrySJD, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 821
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, support, mediation, alimony
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JerrySJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sorry, my question couldnt fit in one My husband lives in the

Resolved Question:

Sorry, my question couldnt fit in one My husband lives in the trailer on the street, doesn’t have any physical address, checking or savings account, works under the table, and has been showing 0 income for the past 5 years. Plus, he owes about $50K for the child supports from 2 previous relationships. He has tons of debts, and nobody gives him credit anymore. What are my chances for the custody in this case? And can I represent myself in the court for this? Or can go with family law facilitator?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JerrySJD replied 5 years ago.

JerrySJD :

Hey Mylene, your chances of custody are extremely good. He needs a place and a job. He has neither. Custody is determined by the best interests of the child. The starting point of that analysis is where will the child sleep (a room? a bed?). You can represent yourself, using state forms. You can also go with a family law facilitator. The facilitator will be easier. With so much going in your favor, you should make out well either way.


Thank you very much

JerrySJD and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you