How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacEsq Your Own Question
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 17116
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ScottyMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a court in Raleigh, NC to give Good Faith and

Customer Question

How can I get a court in Raleigh, NC to give Good Faith and Credit to the decision of a court in Dallas, TX?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 5 years ago.
ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

You can file a form that is a "Petition For Expedited Enforcement Of Foreign Child Custody Order (AOC-CV-665)." You can find the instructions here: (second page), and the specific form here:

ScottyMacEsq :

In this context, "foreign" means outside of the state of North Carolina (such as a Texas court).

ScottyMacEsq :

This is the manner that you can get the foreign (Texas) decree enforced.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq :

Should I continue to await your response, or can I assist other customers that are waiting?

JACUSTOMER-2kw7133l- :
ScottyMacEsq :

For some reason I cannot view your response. I am going to switch to Q&A so that we can communicate further. If you will refresh your page in about 30 seconds, you will see the switch.

Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 5 years ago.
I have switched this. Did you have any other questions?